The Glassboro Marketplace opened earlier this month with a noticeable lack of farmers. It’s not any fault of the market organizers. It was simply too early in the season for the farmers to have anything to sell yet. What a difference a month will make, though. In May, several local farmers markets will open, and there will be asparagus, spinach, radishes, lettuces, and much more from New Jersey’s farmers.
Here’s a list of the opening dates for our local farmers markets in May. Many more will open in June. If I’m missing a market, please let me know in the comments.
- Burlington County Farmers Market – Saturdays, May 19 through October 6, 8:30am-1pm. 500 Centerton Road, Moorestown.
- Kirby Bros. Farm Market in Medford - Sundays, May 20-?, 10am-2pm. 67 N. Main St. (aka Stokes Road), Medford.
- Maple Shade Farmers Market – Fridays, May 18-August 31, 4pm-8pm. Gazebo Park, Forklanding and Main.
- Collingswood Farmers Market – Saturdays, May 5 through November 17, 8am-noon. I’ll see you there!
- Haddonfield Farmers Market – Saturdays, May 19-sometime in October, 8:30am-1pm (new hours this year). King’s Court on King’s Highway.
- Voorhees Farmers Market – Saturdays, May 19 through October 27, 8am-noon. Voorhees Town Center (or as most of us call it, The Echelon Mall).
- Westmont Farmers Market – Wednesdays, May 2-sometime in October, 4-7pm. Located on Stratford Ave right off of Haddon Ave. Parking is in the Westmont Theater Parking lot.
- Woodbury Farmers Market – Fridays, May 11-September 21, 3-7pm. Located adjacent to Woodbury Station Cafe, in the City parking lot.
- Salem Farmers Market – Thursdays, May 24-?, 9am-1pm. On West Broadway in Salem.