I’ve been contentedly wandering like a gypsy lately. I’ve been to Canada with my family, Guatemala with the Rainforest Alliance, Cape May with my husband, and down to Maryland to spend time with a friend. I’ve been living out of a suitcase for the better part of the summer, and it’s been great. But, it’s time to settle back to my home and my desk – at least for a while. It’s also time for me to get back to posting here on South Jersey Locavore with regularity. Thank you for being patient while I took some time off.
Here are some things that I think you’ll be interested to take a look at this weekend.
- Free tickets are available on Eventbrite for the South Jersey August Food Swap. The swap will take place on August 7 at Bellview Winery in Vineland from 7-9pm. The event is being sponsored by South Jersey Swappers.
- South Jersey Hot Chefs Farm to Fork week starts on Sunday. Dozens of restaurants in the region will have price fixed menus that feature foods bought from our farmers and producers.
- Collingswood starts its own restaurant week on Sunday. Ten of Collingswood’s BYOBs will be participating in Farm Fresh Collingswood week. They’ll be buying foods from the Collingswood Farmers Market and other local producers to incorporate into their menus.
- Renault Winery in Egg Harbor will hold the Summer Chill Wine Festival this weekend – the 20th and 21st. Ten NJ wineries will be on hand as well as crafters, a farmers market and live entertainment.
- The TV show “The Chew” recently visited Atlantic Blueberry, Co. in Hammonton. I posted a video of the segment on MNN. Try not to want to reach in your computer and smack the interviewer who says when she thinks of NJ she usually just thinks of people with funny accents.
Enjoy your weekend!